The NBA Draft is only a few hours away. The rumors keep pouring in (KG and Pierce to Brooklyn?! Orlando trading the 2nd pick?! The Knicks trading Amare for Kevin Durant?!?…ok I made that last one up). As of the now the Knicks are sitting with their 24th overall pick. Here are some final notes and thoughts on the Draft and an archive of all our work leading up to it
- Nate Wolters
- Michael Carter-Williams
- Gorgui Dieng
- Shane Larkin
- Tim Hardaway Jr
- Jeff Withey
- Ricardo Ledo
- Tony Mitchell
Knicks Draft History Throwback Thursdays
- May 23rd – Michael Sweetney
- May 30th – Nene Hilario Trade
- June 6th – Frederic Weis
- June 13th – Renaldo Balkman
- June 20th – Jordan Hill
- June 27th – Channing Frye
- First a special shout-out to Kevin Smith, who led the way with our draft coverage by consistently providing terrific work. Make sure you are following Kevin on Twitter.
- There is some chatter about the Knicks looking to move Steve Novak tonight. Yet, who is taking that contract? Could the Knicks package him as part of a deal to get Kostas Papa (that’s how we are abbreviating his name here at TOK) back from Portland?
- We didn’t do a profile on Reggie Bullock but the Knicks could take a long look at him with the 24th overall pick. He would bring a nice package of skills and shouldn’t have a problem transitioning to the NBA game.
- This rumored Nets/Celtics trade is beyond perplexing. Brooklyn is going to give up three future first round picks and a couple of young pieces to take on Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, two players well past their prime. Basically, they are loading up for a 1 year run at Miami but how well does Pierce even fit alongside Joe Johnson? What if Garnett can’t stay healthy? As for the Celtics, they’d have to take back Gerald Wallace’s awful contract which would hinder their ongoing rebuilding process. Let’s see if where there is smoke, there is fire.