1. Last night was a tough loss to stomach because of the general ridiculousness of the Derrick Rose game winner and Carmelo clanking a pretty solid buzzer beater attempt. However, the Knicks went into Chicago for their home opener, scrapped back in the 4th quarter, avoided the mental meltdowns they had against them last season and put themselves in position to win. Considering how early we are in the season, let’s not go crazy pounding the table in frustration over the loss. Mike Woodson is taking some heat for the final play but the bottom line is Anthony got a good look that he should be able to knock down in most situations. He missed a very make-able shot, you take the loss and move on.
2. Tim Hardaway Jr with a whopping 27 minutes last night! It is good to see Woodson isn’t hesitating to play the rookie who carries himself with a high degree of confidence already. He has a nice shooting stroke from the outside and while the numbers weren’t pretty last night, THJ was still +7 and hit a few timely shots down the stretch. It will be interesting to see how his minutes fluctuate when JR Smith returns.
3. Tough sledding for Andrea Bargnani to start but let’s give the man a damn chance, Knicks fans. It is insanity to be booing him already. He showed a little more offensive fluidity last night and hopefully he can start having some nights where he gets his stroke going and can give the Knicks 14-17 points on occasion.
4. Shoot more, Shump. Shoot more.
5. 11 minutes for Pablo isn’t going to fly on most nights. He needs to be out there more.
6. If Tyson Chandler can be this guy in the playoffs, the Knicks can compete with anybody in a seven game series in the Eastern Conference. It is hard to hold up for 82 games and then a few more playoff series at this pace, so please…please stay healthy Tyson and get some nights off periodically throughout the season.
7. If the Knicks are losing to the Bulls on the road by 1 point while Carmelo Anthony is 8-24 and (-6) and without JR Smith….well you get the point. You should be generally encouraged after these first two games.
8. It shouldn’t be expecting too much for the Knicks to potentially go 3-0 this upcoming week against the T’Wolves at home and then with a home/home versus the Bobcats, is it?
9. The less Metta World Peace is dribbling, the better it is for everybody. Can we get him spotted up in the corner a little more frequently?
10. Nice start to the season for Ray Felton but that strained hamstring is concerning. I hope we don’t see too short of a leash for Beno Udrih the rest of the way, as the Knicks may be wise to give Felton some occasional rest so he can be 100% for the stretch run.
11. Curious to see if Cole Aldrich starts getting any backup minutes at the 5.
12. It is difficult and a bit sad to watch Amare Stoudemire play basketball right now.